FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Sunday 3 December 2017

Day 3 Blogmas 2k17


A slightly later in the day post today simply because I went to a house party last night so it was pretty inevitable that I wasn't going to be up early today. Still I've somehow gathered the motivation to go to the library to actually do work today so that's definitely an improvement that's for sure....

here goes nothing


LESSON THREE OF CHRISTMAS 2K17:
Sometimes things just don't plan out the way you expected.

Sat down at a house party last night and it suddenly dawned on me that things just don't always plan out like you expect. Sometimes this is great, sometimes it's not so great. Take yesterday for example I went round the Christmas market with one of my oldest friends from back home who also goes to the same uni as me, going to the Christmas market is kind of like our tradition, we went last year and had a really fun time. This year though it felt different I think I'd put so much pressure on the fact it needed to be as good as last year or better that it just kinda resulted in me not enjoying it at all. 

I feel like so much of life is like this. Take Christmas time for example, we all have such high expectations at this time of the year, maybe more than any other time of year. Yet in reality is it really worth it? I used to hate it when things didn't go the way I wanted them too because I felt I had failed whatever it was I was doing if it resulted in anything less than I expected. Nowadays it doesn't bother me quite so much, partly because I've accepted the fact that I'm so use to things not going my way that I've just got bored of constantly expecting things that probably won't happen. well...that got deep suddenly. Seriously though it's true.

Every Christmas as lame and as cheesy as this sounds I always want my Christmas to be like it is in the movies. Has it happened yet? no. Will it ever be like that? probably not. But hey that's okay. When I was little I remember my Dad always telling me that if things don't work out like you wanted them too then that's cool because obviously things weren't meant to be like that. I always joke with him that he says a lot of rubbish but actually thinking about it my Dad couldn't have been more right. I am a firm believer in fate, some people may call me a moron for believing in that but I have always said everything happens for a reason, people walk in and out of your life for a reason.  So maybe just maybe things don't work out the way you expected them to for a reason.


Hope this post makes sense to you guys. Let me know what you thought of it in the comments below or if you can relate to it at all. 

Should Christmas time be a time of expectations? 

See you back here tomorrow. 
Festive Kisses 

X

Image Credit: Pinterest.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig