FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Wednesday 20 December 2017

Day 20 Blogmas 2k17


Last night I watched yet another film, only this one wasn't a Christmas film and it wasn't the first time I've seen it but for some reason it really struck a cord with me. 

LESSON TWENTY OF BLOGMAS 2K17:
Being single may not be so bad after all. 

'How to be Single' is a feel good chick flick, yes I know it's only a film but sometimes the best lessons learnt are the ones we watch right in front of us. Perhaps most importantly of all it's changed my opinion on being single. Yes in that whole 90 minutes of viewing time my opinion has changed. Slightly contradicting a previous post I've written but that's okay! I'm finally going to admit being single is not I repeat not the worst thing in the world. 


We only have a small window of time in our lives where we are completely single, some are small windows others like maybe mine might just be that bit bigger. In this window we get the chance to be completely free, we get to breathe a different kind of air. We get to learn more about ourselves then we possibly ever would in a relationship. It's your time to shine, your time to be completely selfish, to spend money on yourself, have a coffee alone. Maybe even discover a completely new place and make a new life for yourself without carrying anyone on your shoulders. 

So yes for the first time in my life I may just be accepting the fact that being alone isn't so bad, truth is I'm probably so good at being single that the thought of a relationship deep down seems almost scary. What would I do? How would I be? No I'm not sure I'm ready for that. Yes it bothers me ever so slightly the danger that I'll get so good at being single, so set in my ways that I'll miss out on the chance of being with someone great. Yet I am a firm believer in the fact that if someone is meant to be in your life then they will stay in it. 'I'm so obsessed with the idea of being in love that I just completely lose myself, like I forget what I want and I just disappear'. But the real question is if you can't be happy being single, then how do you expect to ever be happy in a relationship?

Not only that but this film taught me that we need to appreciate our friends more and the value of friendship, because with or without a boyfriend they are & will be there for you. They shouldn't be just forgotten about or tossed to one side because at the end of day they held your hair back away from your face when you probably needed it the most. You broke down to them and they sat & listened, not only that but they make you laugh so hard that you think you'll never breathe again. So maybe just maybe instead of focusing on what I don't have this holiday season I should focus on what I actually do, a great group of friends, a loving family and a dog I honestly think I couldn't love anymore than I already do. 

Yes I'm single but damn I'm gonna enjoy it & be happy, hell yeh I deserve to be like you do too. 'Because the thing about being single is, you should cherish it.'

Festive Kisses

X

Image: Google.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig