FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Friday 22 September 2017

Uni room inspo


Last year to be entirely honest even though I wanted my uni room to feel homely, I didn't put a lot of effort into. I was more worried about the fact that I needed to make friends and meet people rather than spend loads of time in my room making it look cute. 

This year though I want it to be a different story, I really want to make an effort with my room just so it's somewhere I will want to chill out & relax in. As well as that I want it to motivate me to do work. Having already moved some stuff into our new house last weekend, I tried to make an attempt to not over clutter it, because maybe it's just me but when my room is super messy and feels full to the brim I feel almost trapped, like I can't breathe- almost as if the room is suffocating me. Yes that does sound over dramatic, but if you can relate then I'm sure you get what I mean. 

So ever since I moved out of halls I've been pinning stuff on Pinterest for a lil bit of inspiration, and yes I'm already in love with what I've found. Obviously I won't share all of my pins with you guys simply because we'd probably be here until Christmas & beyond but I've picked out some of my favourites below to share with you all:

It's kinda ironic how I said I didn't want to overcrowd my room but here I am with a wall full to brim with tear outs... lol. But there's just something about this image- personally I don't think I'll do it quite to the same extent as this but for anyone who knows me you will no doubt know my love for magazines. I just find them SO inspiring, there really is nothing I love more than using them to give me inspiration. Over the years I've collected a LOT of tears outs so it's about time I put them to good use! I was thinking of doing this around my desk just because it'll hopefully encourage me to work- let's face it I need all the encouragement I can get! 

For anyone who is at uni already you will know the importance of 'making your room, your own' and photos of friends/ family/ memories are a great way to achieve this! Not only are they a comfort blanket for when you're feeling a be down but they really help you to put your own mark on your room. Last year I had a massive wall board by my bed which I covered with photos, this year I'm kinda feeling the light up photo string line. I just really like them vibes if you get me.

Praise the lord I have a double bed this year! No more single bed lyfe for me *cheers. In a student room especially, the bed is probably the biggest part of the room so obviously it's got to look cute! The second I saw this marble bed I was like 'oh hunny' you're coming home with me... I didn't actually get this exact cover simply because it was £40 but I got one very similar for £14- bargain or what. The pink, black and white vibes from the other images 100% is the look I want. I still need to decide what cushions I'm adding though...

Plants aren't a huge love of mine partly because I always forget to water them so unfortunately they don't live a long life with me... but fake plants are the way forward! I just think a fake plant by my window and maybe on one of the shelves above my desk will look so adorable! Even better they'll make me look like a domestic goddess who has her life so in order that she has time to water plants. They'll never know... 

Everyone knows a student room is a blank canvas- unfortunately you can't paint the walls so you just have to work with what you've got. Although I do love white walls... my plan is to add pops of colour via objects in my room. So I've got a blue rug, a pastel green lamp, yellow table and a pink throw. Yes my room is going to be very colourful! I even did a little DIY on my yellow table- when I brought it, it was oak coloured which I didn't fit the look I was going for but it's nothing a bit of paint couldn't solve. 

This was a bit of a last minute thought but I was shopping in Primark around a week ago and I saw a wire notice board type thing in there, it's not that big but it's perfect size for sitting on my desk. I thought it'd be cute to add my deadlines too and maybe any major pieces of inspiration. Just so it's close by. 

Hope you all enjoyed the post. Maybe it gave some of you inspiration too- I'd love to hear if it did. If you want to check out what else I've been loving on Pinterest then you can check my boards out from the link on the side bar. I am a bit of pinning addict #sorrynotsorry.

Take care & I'll see you all super soon with more.

X

Image credit: Pinterest. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig