FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Monday 4 December 2017

Day 4 Blogmas 2k17


'Mum the John Lewis Christmas advert is starting' is a common thing you'll hear in my house at this time of year. Which is weird considering we tend to moan about the ad breaks for the rest of the year. Although I have to admit I find adverts really interesting to watch nowadays. I partly blame my course for this.... I mean I am a Communication & Promotion student so adverts are the perfect example of how brands are trying to connect and market to their audience. 


Christmas adverts though... Who can't love them?
We all have our favourites, the John Lewis one is probably the most highly anticipated, but I have to admit shops in general have majorly upped their game this year. 

LESSON FOUR OF CHRISTMAS 2K17:
It's not Christmas without the adverts. 

JOHN LEWIS

Don't hate a girl for saying this but I actually really like the John Lewis advert this year. Yes okay I wouldn't say it's my favourite one they've ever released but I don't think it's terrible. A lot of people are saying they don't get it, I think the story behind this year's ad is so cute! Nighttime for children can be especially scary, so Moz the monster is helping the little boy to see that it doesn't have be be a scary place, it can be a fun exciting one that fuels your imagination, even more so at Christmas time.


Even more interesting though, this was the other advert John Lewis could have used for this year. Yes I'm not going to lie I do kinda wish they'd used this one instead but saying that I think it would have been quite similar to their 2013 one 'The Bear & the Hare'. Please can someone tell me how was that 4 years ago?!?

MARKS & SPENCERS 

My Mum will be made up that I've included this. M&S isn't my favourite shop, it is my Mum's, growing up I had a lot of clothes brought for me from there so I guess I still have some loyalties towards it. They've really killed the Christmas advert game though in the last few years, I loved their one last year with Mrs Claus, and I probably love this year's one even more. It's perfect timing with the sequel of Paddington 2 coming out too. I just think it's a very sweet advert, it really warms your heart, I love Paddington bear anyway - throwback to my childhood. Young or old I think you'll find it hard to not find yourself smiling at this one. 

MORRISONS

This is my favourite. Okay I've said it. Morrison's you have outdone yourself this year! It's not really a shop I'd go into very often, partly because my nearest one is about a 20 minutes drive away at home, but it's kinda like out of our way in the middle of nowhere. I'm on the verge of tears every time I watch this, I just think it's adorable how the older brother is always encouraging his young sister- it really reminds you of what Christmas is all about, family. As cheesy as that sounds, so many stores focus their adverts on 'finding that perfect gift to show how much you care' that 'perfect gift' usually comes with an expensive price tag when really Christmas isn't about that. Honestly I think I'd rather have a good time with family then get the latest the iPhone (which I think is massively overrated btw)

SAINSBURYS

Considering most of my kitchen stuff at uni is from Sainsburys, (you'd think I'm practically sponsered by them) I couldn't really not include their Christmas ad. I'm not a massive fan, I prefer the ones that pull on your heartstrings but I'm not saying this isn't a carefully put together advert. Sainsbury knew what they were doing here. It's very catchy and even though I don't like it, I still find myself singing along whenever I hear it on TV.

Before I go I quickly want to mention the Dancing on Ice trailer with the polar bears ice skating, if you haven't seen it already then you totally should check it out. I think it's genius, I saw it for the first time with my house mate last night and we were try to guess which shop it was for, little did we know it was for the new season of Dancing of Ice. It was a real surprise, I'm just putting it out there whoever thought of it needs to be given a pay rise asap. 

Hope you've all enjoyed this post. Next time you see a Christmas advert on TV give it some more credit because as much as I may get get hate for saying this but I don't think Christmas would be the same without them. 

What's your favourite Christmas ad this year?

See you tomorrow!
Festive Kisses

X

Image credit: Google 
Video Credit YouTube
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig