FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Saturday 2 December 2017

Day 2 Blogmas 2k17


Well it's an improvement from yesterday, currently 12.16pm whilst I'm writing this and I'm dressed ready for the day, hair washed and ready for a productive (or not so productive) day of coursework. Fair enough I did sack off the gym this morning but let's just brush over that- who needs the gym anyway? definitely not me *haha*

Is anyone else still trying to get their head around the fact that Christmas is only 23 days away?  lol I'm still yet to even buy a Christmas card let alone any presents. I spent the morning looking online for my parents present and it was very unsuccessful. Ideally I'd love to send them to New York for a few days, realistically though I think a weekend in Bournemouth would be too much for my bank account right now. It's so annoying when you know the PERFECT gift for someone but the only thing stopping you getting it is the price tag. Still a girl can only try. 

*anyway enough waffling Gemma get on with the post*


LESSON TWO OF CHRISTMAS 2K17:
Christmas music may just be the BEST kind of music.

Very aware of the fact that yesterday the inner Grinch in me said I wasn't in the slightest bit looking forward to Christmas this year, 24 hours later I'm feeling very festive and just want to be home for Christmas already. But I guess that's the power of Christmas music for you. Last night we got back from spoons and played Mario Kart on the wii, listening to a bit of Christmas music (I know what you're all thinking wild student Friday night out) jokes it was actually really fun and definitely made me want cover every aspect of my life with a lil bit of Christmas magic.


Obviously everyone has their favourite christmas songs: Fairytale of New York anyone? Even a little bit of Mistletoe by the one & only Justin Bieber- No? I mean come on I know it's quite the same as the classics Driving Home for Christmas or Do they Know it's Christmas? Still I don't know about you but 'I should be playin' in the winter snow, but I'ma be under the mistletoe' yes I did just quote JB and no I'm not ashamed. c l a s s i c.

One christmas song (well album really) I did want to to mention is Sia's Everyday is Christmas, now before you make assumptions on it hear a girl out please. Yes it's not traditional, it is definitely a modern twist on Christmas songs but if you're in the mood to listen to Christmas music but not quite in the mood for the classics it's a nice alternative. Honestly I'm not normally a fan of the random Christmas album produced by the one artist you weren't expecting every year but I reached an all time low with my coursework and I need a bit of cheering up, this totally did the trick. 

I love Sia's music anyway so I guess it's not that much of a surprise, she has some real bangers- Unstoppable is a massive favourite of mine! Going slightly off topic for a second but did anyone else know Sia was Australian? Because not joking I did not know this and now I feel like my mind has literally been blown. Just me? okay then moving on... Back to my love of Sia. Not gonna lie to you, if you're not a fan of Sia's music anyway you most probably won't like this album but hey every album deserves a chance don't judge it till you've heard it. You might be surprised. HO HO HO is a tune! 


You've probably realised by now that I am starting to feel ever so slightly festive, it's like the Grinch inside of me is melting to the sound of Jingle Bells. I knew this would happen the second December started, even though I'm still heartbroken at not having my regular advent chocolate in the morning- you have no idea how much joy opening a little cardboard door brings me on a cold December morning....

Hope you all enjoyed this post! If you're yet to get in the festive mood then turn up your speakers and start blaring a bit of 'All I Want for Christmas is You' trust me it works every time, if you aren't singing along by the end of the song then you're not playing it loud enough. f a c t.

What's your favourite Christmas song?
I'd love to hear it in the comments below.

Anyway see you tomorrow, for more from my little festive bubble. Think Christmas is gonna be the thing that saves me from my uni work. 

Festive Kisses 

X

Image Credit: Google images.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig