FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Monday 18 December 2017

Day 18 Blogmas 2k17


Missguided is a shop I've grown to love massively over the last year or so, I don't know what it is, it's just something about them, they just seem to understand great style! Normally, not going to lie I don't pay attention to their campaigns but #makeyourmark I couldn't not talk about. Missguided have raised the bar, kicking all of the other campaigns wide out of the water. Damn Missguided you are killing it - hats off to you!

LESSON EIGHTEEN OF CHRISTMAS 2K17:
Embrace your body and all of it's flaws this party season. Love yourself!
#MAKEYOURMARK





'As part of Missguided's new #keeponbeingyou movement, they're on a mission to inspire babes the world over to love themselves. To embrace flaws, and to not strive for what the world perceives as perfection. Because f*ck perfection. It doesn't exist. Missguided are making a pledge to never retouch their models 'perfect imperfections' out.'

Honestly I can not put into words just how much I applaud Missguided for this campaign, they are slaying every other campaign out there and I am backing them all the way. This campaign not only stands for everything every other retailer out there should, but it makes me have a huge amount of respect for this company. Slay the game Missguided!

“Having representation and diversity is really important in the fashion industry, and I think finally it’s starting to change. I love how strong my body is, it’s always been there for me, even if it needs a little bit of extra help along the way. My life motto is don’t ever take yourself too seriously, celebrate yourself, have fun and always have a laugh whilst doing it.” Model Emily. 




As a young women in this very judgemental world I could not be prouder of this campaign. Growing up I was bullied for the way I looked and for years after it affected me. It honestly scarred me for life. It made me not want to look in mirrors anymore because I hated what I saw, it made me want retreat back into my shell, it made me miss out on enjoying the majority of my school years. I hated myself- I don't think back then there was single part of my body I even remotely liked. I remember we had this sexual health week in year 8 high school, one of the activities was sitting in room full of 15-20 people and one by one we had to go round the room and say what we loved about our bodies. Just the thought of it makes me feel sick to my stomach because I couldn't say anything. Not one thing in my entire body. Perhaps even to this day, those years of bullying affect me. I chose not to do things because I was scared of the reaction. Going to uni was the first time in my life where I finally accepted me for me and not only that but I felt accepted.

"As you get older you realise these marks are part of you and they're beautiful in the most amazing way. Do not allow other people's opinions to become you"



Bullying is brutal- surely we should love everyone for be different not using it as a chance to bring them down? Growing up I thought bullying was the 'norm'. Even writing that brings a tear to my eye because it generally breaks my heart to think that I ever thought bullying was or should ever be a normal part of life. Bullying should NEVER be the norm. F*ck anyone who disagrees. No one ever deserves to be purposely made to feel shit about themselves. Let's face it we all have days where we feel shit about ourselves on our own without having others to help point out our flaws.

“Female empowerment is supporting your sisters, it’s bringing up women and not bringing them down. It’s about supporting all women, whether they’re cisgendered, trans, whatever race, class, body type and sexuality.”




I wish this campaign had been around when I was growing up. If it had then maybe I'd have thought differently about my many flaws. I know I'm not the only one who went through tough times growing up. Perhaps the only positive to come out of it is the fact it's made me so much stronger now. Mentally & physically stronger. Mentally I'm so proud of myself for coming through what I did- I look back now and I know I would have reacted completely differently to how I did. I certainly wouldn't have tried to become virtually invisible through the fear of someone else calling me out as ugly in a maths class. Physically I wouldn't say I'm quite at the stage of loving my body but I appreciate it's flaws, they're unique to me and I love that. Nowadays if I work out at the gym I work out for me not for others. It's all about inner & outer self love- never forget that! 

"It's important to teach young girls to love every part of themselves"




Whether you love your body or not we should all be emotionally invested into this campaign. Male or female. It'll make a huge impact on all of us. At the end of the day, I don't think I have ever felt so strongly about a campaign, I will be backing Missguided's #keeponbeingyou movement 110%. Big or small, fat or thin, scars/stretch marks or not they are part of you! Embrace that. Love that. Never feel embarrassed about your looks because you were created that way to be individually beautiful.

Perhaps if you take one lesson from me this holiday season then please learn to love yourself. Loving others is easy but loving yourself is probably the hardest task of all.

Hope you all enjoyed this post.
Thoughts on #MAKEYOURMARK?

See you tomorrow!
Big festive kisses.

X

Images: Google & Missguided website.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig