FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Friday 15 December 2017

Day 15 Blogmas 2k17


How mad is it that we're already over half way through blogmas this year? Not going to lie I don't even really feel that Christmassy yet... Where is the time going? Please slow down! 

Today's post is a slightly different one, simply because I've neglected one of my biggest loves over the last few months- reading. Growing up I was always that child who had her head stuck in a book, not even joking when we go on holiday in the Summer, I can usually get through about 6/7 books easy. The sad reality is that Summer is really the only time I ever actually pick up a book now, which really breaks my heart. Reading for me is more than just a few words written on a page, if you read the right books you can get completely & utterly lost in a whole other world. Sometimes escapism is exactly what we all need. 

So I've decided I'm going start reading more over this Christmas break and hopefully into 2018 too. Starting from now. 

LESSON FIFTHTEEN OF CHRISTMAS 2K17:
Take some time out and go back to your roots (books).


4 books I'm desperate to read this holiday are:
InkHeart by Cornelia Funke 
Okay so there's a bit of a story behind this one. Several years ago I went on this amazing holiday to La Palma (we revisited this year too) and I met this great guy who I just completely clicked with and we basically spent every second of the last week together. He gave me this book & always recommended I should give it a read. Normally this book isn't quite my cup of tea so to speak but I've held on to it for years now so I think it's about time I give it a go. 

Girl Boss by Sophie Armstrong 
I took this to NYC with me last year to read on the plane but I got too lost in the on flight entertainment that I never even opened the first page. I've always wanted to give it a read, Nasty Gal isn't a brand I tend to shop with but it'll be really interesting to learn more about the background of the company. Plus I think it'll broaden my fashion knowledge *waving* proactive FCP over here thank you very muchly. 

Stay Close by Harlan Coben 
I can't for the life of me remember what the name of the programme based on one of Coben's books is called but I remember watching and falling completely in love with the tense, gripping story. I really love books that have you on the edge of your seat (I mean a good, old romance is good too) but it's something about the thrill and adrenaline of not knowing whats going to happen next.

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
English was one of my favourite subjects in school, I think because I definitely more creative than academic! But for some reason I never got the chance to study this book. My friends said surprisingly it was a really good read so I've always had it on my makeshift bookshelf (i.e. the pile of books on the floor) for that day when I finally give it a go. I'll let you know how I find it. 


As well as fictional books I want to do a bit of reading around my course to help with uni projects:
Capture Your Style by Aimee Song
Don't judge me but this book is basically all about how to get that 'insta perfect' feed. Considering Instagram is an important part of my self-promotion project I thought it would 100% be worthwhile reading this. Plus I mean I like things to look pretty anyway so it's a 'win win' really, I love the fact I get to read books like this to help me with my course- honestly it's times like this that make me realise just how much I love what I study!

The Million Dollar Blog by Natasha Courtney-Smith
Again don't judge me, I totally know that when it comes to blogging you have to have a special something from the start you don't just learn it but I think this book will be helpful nevertheless. I love blogging so reading a bit more about how it works will no doubt be an interesting read for me and yes it probably is a bit sad that I can't wait to sit down and read it. Haters just gonna hate.


Final bits of reading go back to the whole reason why I'm doing the course I am. Magazines!
For me these are an essential element of the course, not only do they keep me up to date with the latest fashion news but they are actually really great sources of inspiration too! Personally I only ever read physical magazines, I don't like reading them online because I don't want to support the dying art of printed magazines which in my eyes can not be beaten. 
Dazed & Vogue are some of my favourite.
 I really want to get my hands on Sunday Girl too but wow it's virtually impossible to find in shops- I know you can order it from online but I want to have flick through first before I make a purchase. If you know where I can buy it from then please let me know in the comments below- I'll be forever grateful!

Got any reading recommendations?

Hope you've all enjoyed this post, it felt so good to write today actually. Just little old me sat at the dining room table, playing Sam Smith and getting lost in my blog. This is why I love blogging- it just makes me feel like nothing else matters, worries fade away and this newfound confidence just comes out of me. 

Hope you all have a fab day & see you back here tomorrow!

Festive Kisses 

X

Images: Own. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig