FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Thursday 14 December 2017

Day 14 Blogmas 2K17


Christmas holidays are in full swing, and I'm stuck inside making my way through the mountain of uni work I've of got whilst it feels like everyone else is enjoying the break. Movies are the only thing that are helping me to pass the time, I've only been home 5 days and I've managed to make my way through 7 films already!
Have you ever heard anyone in need of a social life more than me right now?
 Earlier today I started Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging, honestly this film related to pretty much every girl's life when it came out back in 2008. I thought it related back then but I didn't realise quite how relatable it still is...

LESSON FOURTEEN OF CHRISTMAS 2K17:
The single life ain't treating me well.



I don't know whether to laugh or cry at how much of Georgia's life I can relate to, the fact she is only 14 and I am 20 it pretty depressing to be honest. It's kinda laughable how much I see myself in this movie, take her mad, cringy parents or the fact she always manages to embarrass herself. Basically me lol. I remember the first time I watched this movie wasn't in cinemas but when I finally managed to persuade my Mum to buy me the DVD. She was dead set on me not seeing it just because it had the word 'thongs' in the title, like please Mum I get you're trying to protect your 'innocent' daughter from the world and everything, but it's just a piece of underwear like please. I must have only been about 13 when I eventually watched it so obviously the characters were set up to be older than me and all I remember thinking was imagine how lame it would be not being able to talk to boys aged 14. Haha. I'm 20 and still don't know how to. 

It's a funny thing when you think that won't be you but in reality Georgia probably has more of a love life in this movie than I have had in my entire 20 years of existence if that isn't sad I don't know what is. This isn't just another post complaining how I'm forever going to be alone because although yes that's looking like it might become true, that's not what I want this to be about.



Single life isn't fun. No matter how much people sugar coat it or try and make you feel better about being on your own. I get they're just trying to help but in reality them saying 'oh yeh you'll easily find someone' is probably worse than them not saying everything at all. If i had a pound every time my parents asked 'if I've got a boyfriend yet?' I would be at least half way to being a millionaire by now. I mean right now the money would be nice not going to lie. Personally I don't think anytime of the year is a great time to be alone but Christmas time is probably the worst, literally the second i step outside my front door it honestly feels like all I see is couples- I mean I don't even have to leave the house to see a couple (*coughs* parents) but I ain't ready to talk about parent PDA's- nooo thank you. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for all these people but every time I see yet another couple it feels like the chances of that happening to me get a little bit further away. I'm not desperate to get a boyfriend, please don't think that i am from this post but I'm just saying the single life isn't all it's cracked up to be. I've never been in a relationship so for all i know, being in a relationship may not be that great either but y'no it'd be nice to try.

Coming to the end of 2017 is kinda sad- I already know 2018 will be another year of being single because according to Georgia's friends 'Guys don't rate funny girls' and if thats true then I really have nothing going for me. lol. I mean I may be bonkers but at least there'll be laughs!

Maybe this movie was a good choice, maybe it wasn't- should I really take love advice from a movie at all? let alone a bunch of 14 year olds? Because in my opinion they know more about it than I do... 
can we really trust Georgia's elastic band theory?

See you all tomorrow!

Festive Kisses
X

Images: Google.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig