FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Friday 15 September 2017

Self doubt & insecurities: OOTD


The whole reason I started this blog almost two years ago now was to do outfit/ style posts because that's what I love. But like all loves, this too was attacked with a fear of self doubt and a whole lot of insecurities. Everyone has there own demons and things they hate about themselves- you wouldn't be human if you didn't. But sometimes in life we find this lack of confidence stops us from doing the things we've always wanted to do. Doing the course I do has made me a lot more aware of what's 'liked' & 'accepted' in the world around me, I mean who wouldn't doubt themselves when someone who practically looks like a Victoria Secrets model pops up on your instagram feed?

Surprisingly I have grown to be happy with the way I look. I feel some-what comfortable in my own skin mainly because I could spend everyday dwelling on it or like I am doing, I could accept it and just enjoy life. As sad as this sounds I wouldn't class myself as good looking or pretty, and I don't think I ever would. If some asked me to rate my looks out of 10, I would say I am about a 3- I'm not saying this to get sympathy or for people to very kindly (but wrongly) rate me a lot higher. I'm saying it because I want to show you reading this that everyone feels insecure sometimes and that's okay. It's okay to not love your body or appearance some days because everyone feels that way at some point in life...





The best lesson you will ever learn in life, will be learning to love yourself & be happy! Stop comparing yourself to that crazy hot girl or boy on instagram because no matter how much self doubt you give yourself over it- you will never be them and they will never be you. Just like everyone has their insecurities, everyone has their loves about themselves too. I want you all reading this to write down the 5 things you love about yourself- if you can't think of anything then you're not looking hard enough. Love your body! 

This leads me on to why this blog post and why today... as I mentioned at the beginning, 'outfit of the day' posts have always been something I had in mind for my blog and as of yesterday it's going to be a feature from now on. I finally plucked up the courage to stand and (maybe) awkwardly pose in front of the camera. I'm not going to lie and say it was easy because it wasn't, I certainly don't feel at all comfortable in front of the camera at the best of times but I feel bloody proud of myself for actually having the guts to do it. I am no professional, all I had was my quirky sense of style, a very kind friend who took the photos and a tiny bit of confidence. But here goes...





STRIPY TOP- Primark
DENIM DRESS- New Look
BELT- Primark 
SHOES- Vans

I don't know exactly how much of a regular feature these style posts will become, but nevertheless they will become one. Hope you've enjoyed it & remember in the words of Justin Bieber 'love yourself'.

Let me know what you think to the outfit in the comments below.
Lots of love 

X

Photo Credit: Own images taken by Michelle Knight.
SaveSaveSaveSave
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig