FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Tuesday 19 September 2017

London baby


I just got back from a super exciting day trip in London yesterday & quite frankly I couldn't wait to blog about it. Which is probably why I'm sat here writing this at going on midnight after a very long day. 

London... wow you got me!




Well cities in general if I'm honest, but there are only three cities I have ever visited where I've felt 'yep this is where I want to live', New York (I can only dream), Liverpool (I love a scouser) and London which may actually be achievable. Personally I think cities are a lot like finding that perfect uni for you, when you've found the place you want to be you just know! Whenever people ask me where I'm from I say Leicester so people kinda persume I live in the centre but that couldn't be further from the truth, in fact I live in a village surrounded by fields. So you'd think I'd like the countryside! (lol no). I get that the countryside is peaceful & pretty and I am happy I've grown up where I have done but there's just something about the buzz of city life that gets me. The constant noise, the fact it's always busy & there's always things on- some people might hate even the thought of that but for me I love it. People who live in city centres alway say they like the constant noise throughout the day & night because it's comforting and I totally get that.



Anyway enough rambling Gemma...
So London today, a day trip, exciting huh? 




Rather spontaneously myself and one of my closest friends decided last Friday that we wanted to go to London for the day so we booked it. Going off topic again (sorry) but I'm kinda loving the whole spontaneous part of me at the minute, growing up I always seemed to have my life planned out but going with the flow feels SO much more fun! 
Obviously shopping down Oxford Street was on the agenda, the same as a bit of sightseeing. Not being from the London area I can sadly say I've only ever visited it 3/4 times in my 20 years, so every trip really consists of me being that annoying tourist who stops every 5 seconds to check with Google maps that they're going the right way.




We had a fabulous day, I picked up some cute bits from Primark & Bershka (I'm obsessed with it), luckily this time I managed to avoid Zara otherwise I would have done serious damage to my bank balance! We saw Buckingham Palace (when can I move in?), Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus & Leicester Square to name a few. Not only that but we got to see the Kingsmen Golden Circle WORLD PREMIERE like can we just take a moment please... I mean I know to some people this would be like a 'yeh so what?' moment but for little old me who from a tiny village outside Leicester, it's quite huge! Things like this don't happen every day where I'm from. Sounds kinda cheesy but it kinda makes me want to work even harder to live in London- seeing premieres could become a common thing, who knows. As for the orange carpet instead of red- I'm a fan!






Hope you all enjoyed this post and the pictures. I'm super tired so I think I'm gonna leave this there. London I know I've said this like a million times already but when I can I move in? 
What's your favourite place in London?

Take care 
X

Image credit: Own 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig