FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Saturday 19 August 2017

Why I deleted Tinder?


Tinder is probably one of the most hyped up dating apps in the world right now, so what made me want to delete it? 


Okay so I joined tinder, half for a laugh and half because I genuinely wanted to meet someone. Two months later I'm deleting it after hundreds of matches (no I'm not exaggerating), countless hi, hellos and 'how are you doings' later I've still not found anyone. But it was a laugh and an eye opening experience, eye opening for several reasons:

1. No matter how many hi, hellos or hey they pretty much all start with the same small talk convo. 
This is what I actually hated about tinder, I just got so bored of the basic hey or hi, it actually made me stop replying to vast majority of them. I know what your thinking 'how else are you meant to say hello?' and truth be told I'm not quite sure but I just wanted someone to surprise me & do something different. 

2. It's actually quite surprising who you match with.
At school I was the awkward, quiet one who if I'm honest very few people wanted to be friends with let alone date. It's safe to say that the first year of uni brought me out of my shell a LOT. Still it shocked me a little when I matched with guys from school- as I tweeted though 'too little too late'. Fair enough I'm all for second chances and it was nice to catch up & see what they're up to now but if you didn't give me the time of day back in school then why would I want to know now?

3. You'll think you've found the perfect guy then all of a sudden you're un-matched. 
*eye roll please
This happened a little too often for my liking, it's weird cause we'd be having a good conversation then the next thing I know I'd find out I'd been unmatched. I watched Jack Maynard's tinder video on YouTube a while back & he seemed to find the same problem- I'm kinda glad to know it's not just me...

4. Thank god that tinder messaging doesn't have read recipients.
Okay so I not gonna sugar coat this some people are WeiRD on tinder, normally I'd just unmatched as soon as I can, but I was so grateful they couldn't tell I've read their message. C r e e p y...

5. Looks aren't everything.
For me one of the most attractive qualities in a guy is if they can make you laugh, I mean like laughing till you cry laugh. So really tinder wasn't for me on the sole basis on this. Fair enough I know there's got to be a physical attraction but looks REALLY aren't everything. I value a guy who'd have me laughing within the first 5 minutes over a guy who's profile is basically just how many gym poses he can show off.

6. It's SERIOUSLY addictive.
If you've got a spare five minutes, bored at any point of the day, or just simply want a laugh then what do you do? Of course it's go on tinder! Turns out those 5 minutes could end up being an hour or more, like seriously time would fly!

7. Make your bio catchy. 
Mine was (do I really even want to share this?) 'Most probably laughing' because it's true! For me I hoped it said I'm a funny, laid-back kinda girl who just looking for someone to have a laugh with. I mean I got quite a few matches but I still couldn't help but think it was still a lame bio.

8. In my experience guys who have there snapchat in their bio's are fuckboys.
Maybe I'm too quick to judge this but I added a few guys on snapchat from here and they literally only wanted a quick hook up or pictures which really shouldn't be shared (so we all know what they are). One guy I even had on there seemed like a stalker too, like if I shared a picture on my story of a particular place then he'd want to know why I was there, how long for, even who I was with- safe to say I blocked him quicker than he could ask another question.

9. Please don't share exactly where you live with people.
Obviously tinder works on matching people with how many kilometres you are away so locations can't really be kept completely private. But what I mean by this is be careful who you tell exactly where you live- you never know 100% who you're talking to online. Please remember your safe wellbeing should be a priority.

10. Would download it again?
Potentially, maybe I would in the future but right now no I wouldn't. Tinder just wasn't what I'd expected if I'm completely honest- I know life isn't a fairytale but I still kinda hoped I'd find the perfect guy within my first couple of matches and I didn't. Don't get me wrong I matched with some great guys who'd otherwise I probably wouldn't have ended up talking to but it wasn't 'the' guy if you get me. I've got friends who are in relationships now because of tinder which is kinda why I joined in the first place, but that just didn't happen for me.

Potentially the biggest lesson tinder taught me though was probably that I'm happy just being on my own right now. 
Don't get me wrong it's fun and I'm glad I tried it but really it felt like a weight had been lifted the second I'd deleted it. If that means I'm gonna end up being like 40 years old, single, with a house full of dogs so be it because guess what I know who I'd rather be...
Ask me that in a month you'll probably get the standard 'I'm gonna be forever alone' moan I usually have to my Mum but seriously I've probably been the happiest I've been in years in the last 6 months or so and I really don't think finding a guy could have made that any better for me.

Hope you've all enjoyed this post- let me know in the comments below.
What experiences have you had with tinder?

Take care & I'll see you all soon.
btw. if you haven't already guessed I'm loving blogging again and finally have schedule *hooray.

X

Image: Own.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig