FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Tuesday 29 August 2017

Photography n Adventures


Photography for me is something that I'm really passionate about, I didn't actually discover my love for it until a few years back whilst doing my Art Foundation. As bad as this is going to sound I didn't appreciate & the realise the amount of skill and work it took to get that perfect image. 
I know I say all the time that I am on the most perfect course for me but in actual fact I really wish I'd explored photography as more of an option. Still it's not too bad because my course does cover it too...


4 month of Summer is a really long time when you don't have any plans, so spontaneously one of my closest friends, Michelle (Mich), and I decided to go into town do to have a catch up & do a bit of shopping (cos lets face it when am I not shopping?) last week. Randomly we actually didn't really do a lot of shopping but we took the opportunity to explore De Montfort University's campus whilst it was quiet. Surprisingly it was very new to me, whilst I did study there for a year, they have actually renovated it a LOT since I left just over a year ago. 


Black & white photography is possible my biggest love, purely because I just think everything looks so poignant and simple in b&w. Colour is such as beautiful, fantastic thing to have but strip all that colour complete back and then you really get to appreciate the beauty of the world in simplictiy. Honestly it's a dream of mine to have a wall full of black & white photography pieces from around the world when I have my own place. 


These three photos above were actually a complete accident, whilst I think any image looks amazing in b&w, these are some of the best ones I've ever taken. Personally I think the contrast of focus levels really works and pulls the whole image together. The two lines down the centre of each image breaks up the contrast and gives different perspectives on the view. These were taken from a little rooftop seating area which was the most adorable thing I've ever seen! Like if I was a student at DMU I would legit want to eat my lunch up there everyday- I have never seen Leicester look so beautiful before in my life!


As a campus I feel DMU has massively improved since I left, I really didn't like what it looked like before... I could never quite put my finger on what it was I didn't like about it but it was definitely something. 


Recently my love of interesting architecture of buildings has massively grown. I really think people need to appreciate the architecture of a place a whole lot more, let's face it buildings are hugely underrated everyday of our lives, yet they're somewhere we spend most of our lives in. I am obsessed with the slit windows and zig zag shaped stairwell, why couldn't the art building have looked this cute when I was there?


Shout out to my model of the day Mich, we got some really cute artsy style pictures from the day which I was SO happy with. I think I also shared my love with Mich of b&w too.

Up until recently I hadn't really put a lot of thought into lighting when shooting images, it sounds stupid I know but I just didn't really think it mattered. We were probably on the rooftop from around 3-5pm on a cloudy day, but the lighting just seemed perfect!


Panoramic views of the city, we even discovered a street that looked the spitting image of Coronation Street (neither of us knew it even existed).


These iced gems from Tiger were another star find of the day, not even joking they taste exactly like party rings- throwback to every party pre 2008. 
I loved exploring Leicester, who knew I'd lived here for 20 years already and I still didn't realise how pretty it actually is. That being said though I still can't wait to move to other cities in the future. The main lesson learnt from this adventure though, was to never underestimate your home town- there are hidden gems everywhere you've just got to look for them. 

By the way, before anyone asks I took all of these photos on my lil iPhone 5SE camera- just goes to show you don't always need a fancy camera just a good eye & a dry day. Although I am really interested to know what rain would look like in black & white...

What are your thoughts on black & white photography?
Let me know in the comments below.

Hope you all enjoyed this post & I'll see you Friday for a super exciting post about Reading festival. 

X

Photo Credit: Own & Michelle's.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig