FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Tuesday 16 May 2017

Happy Little Life Update


Welcome back!

Well it's certainly been a case of 'long time, no blog' from me which could be seen as the understatement of the century. I just hit a bit of a wall when it can to writing posts, nothing I wrote seemed to come out right & I didn't want to publish something that I wasn't happy with. 
Still I'm back now... blog regularly till at least the end of term & hopefully through-out Summer too. 

Can you actually believe that I have less than a month till I finish first year?!?
like WHAT!!!!!! 
(internally screaming)



I don't know how long you guys have been reading my blog for but back around September/ October I mentioned in several posts that I was really struggling with settling in to Uni life, I felt so alone, so far away from home (even though I'm less than an hour away) & I can't believe I'm even saying this but I had doubts about my course too.
 Looking back now makes me realise how much university has changed me in just a year. 



For me university hasn't at all been what I expected it's been a million times better!
I have loved every single second of first year... a few days ago I was counting up the weeks till I go home for Summer and I just had a flashback to the second week of Uni when was counting down the weeks to Christmas. Only the difference is this time I felt sad about the lack of time I had before heading home for Summer. Obviously I'm looking forward to spending time with family & friends, doing crazy things but at the same time I'm MASSIVELY going to miss my Uni family.

I never expected to make the friends I have, meet the people I have, I love most of my flatmates to pieces- I wouldn't change them for the world!

People said two things to me before I came to Uni:
1. It'll be the making of you
2. It'll fly by in no time so enjoy it
Honestly I can't put into words how true these statements are!

If I had met who I am now at the start of first year, hands down I wouldn't even recognise myself. I've gained SO much more confidence & a real laid-back attitude, which depending which way you look at it can be a good or bad thing (especially when it comes to uni work). Of course my course has helped me grow as a person, but when I really think about it I've learnt so much more from the people around me- I will be forever grateful they came into my life.



There was a time when I was dead set against going to university because 'hey I thought you don't need a degree to do well in life' and truth is you don't. But going to Uni doesn't just give you a degree, it gives you so many more opportunities then you'll ever be given at any other time in your life. It'll give you independence, help you learn about yourself & pushes you forward into adulthood. I've always been a 'home girl' despite saying on numerous occasions I want to live in New York but I never actually believed I would be able to do it. But now I feel I could do anything I set my mind too, it's like that fear has disappeared because at the end of the day I know people will love me the same if I'm 5 minutes or 5000 miles away. Going away to university has taught me that!

I had some great times in school but uni is the BEST educational experience of my life. 
I already owe it a lot!
If you undecided about going to University or College, my advice to you would be 'what have you got to lose?', I don't know anyone who hasn't changed at Uni, you develop so much more as a person. It's like you finally get to be the person you've always wanted to be. 

I'll be back tomorrow with another post because I've got a lot to catch you guys up on.
I'd love to hear about your experiences from first year or if have any other questions about it? If so comment below and I'll answer them.

Take care & see you soon.

X

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig