FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Tuesday 11 April 2017

Let's talk about Vogue.


Just a quick post today,
Those fashionistas amongst you reading this will have no doubt already heard...
Edward Enninful was announced yesterday as the first male Editor-in-Chief of Vogue UK. 



For me Vogue was that one magazine growing up which I was mesmerised by and as cliche as this is going to sound it was where my love for fashion began. All too often I would take my £5 pocket money to WHSmiths to pick up the latest issue. That is why Vogue will forever hold a special place in my heart. Career wise Vogue for me like so many others is 'the dream'.



So when I heard yesterday that Edward Enninful was going to be the new Editor I was a little unsure what I thought about it. Personally I loved Alexandra Shulman, I've only ever known her as the Editor of Vogue and I love the way it looks currently so I was very gutted when she announced she was stepping down in January this year, after 25 years.

So Enninful, the first male Editor of Vogue... that's quite an big achievement!
I hadn't heard of Enninful before this- maybe being a fashion student he should have been on my radar but he just wasn't. Therefore it was only right I did a bit of background reading on him.



Enninful's impressive career began at 18 where he luckily became Fashion Editor of i-D magazine before transferring to W magazine in 2011. Working under the late Franca Sozzani, he regularly contributed to both American & Italian Vogue, including the "all black" issue in 2008. Enninful sure has close links in the fashion world, counting Kate Moss & Mario Sorrenti as close friends, both of whom have worked with Vogue previously. To add to his success prior becoming Editor-in-Chief, he was recently awarded an OBE for his many contributions in promoting diversity in British fashion.



Honestly I think there's no doubt he's fit for the role.
Personally I think he will transform Vogue into something completely different to what it is today, it will become more diverse, just maybe it will regain it's crown as the 'it' fashion magazine again. After all Vogue is no longer seen as popular as it once was.
Enninful will take his seat as chief on August 1st.



As for Alexandra Shulman, who knows what she is planning on doing next...
I am very much looking forward to hearing her speak in a lecture she is giving at my University on 26th April- in fact I am beyond excited, I am over the moon! Still can't quite believe she is coming to NTU.



I thought this issue of Vogue was apropriate... after all Vogue will be getting a 'new look' and new perspective very soon indeed. I excited to see this change, it will be interesting to see how Enninful approaches Vogue. In the past I would have said change is a bad thing, but so much of my life has change in the past year and I love it.
Whatever happens I for one will embrace this new Vogue adventure and continue to read the magazine that got me to where I am today.

What do you think of the new Editor-in Chief?
Comment below.

Take care & I'll see you all soon.

X

Images are not my own.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig