FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Tuesday 4 April 2017

Do it with dungarees


For me dungarees are a real throwback fashion item, yet no matter who wears them, what you where them with or even where you wear them, they always seem to look cool & cute.


Growing up my Mum always use to dress me in cute little denim dungarees because obviously I was clearly fashionable from a young age. So when dungarees recently came back into trend it was quite a nostalgic moment for me.
Although I didn't ever look quite as cute as this...



Particularly in this transition period for fashion- I mean it's that time of year where it's getting warmer but it's not quite warmer enough to ditch the cosyness of our trusted jeans just yet.
Dungarees are the perfect transition fashion item, on cold days you can wear them with a sweater underneath, on slightly warmer days you can switch this sweat to a an off the shoulder top and then when the sun finally makes an appearance you can wear a t-shirt.



I don't think I could ever pull dungarees off as well as Kendal...



Although I love blue denim, my go to is always black, I think because I just feel a bit more covered up in black, less exposed. After all the colour black is known for making you look slimmer.
Personally I prefer my dungarees to be more fitted less relaxed because I'm not so keen on the relaxed look on my body shape. I do wish I could pull off the baggy look though- it looks so comfy!





Traditionally t-shirts are the most popular clothing item to wear underneath dungarees especially if you wanted the fitted look because it's not always as easy to fit a sweater underneath. I always have that struggle with not knowing which sweater to put underneath, do I wear a plain one and risk it looking too boring or do I go all out with a logo/patterned one and hope that it's not too much.



Short dungarees are a step too far for me, shorts in general just aren't for me, I can handle the dungaree dresses though especially if you want to go for the preppy school vibe look.
If I could have any style then I would love for it to be cool, edge and preppy- I don't know what it is about the look it's just so cute and adorable!



Zoella (Zoe Sugg) pulls off the crop top here with dungarees so well- personally I would never have worn it with these but seeing it together really shows that it works. With the rips & rolled up cuffs, they really add to the edginess of the look, and the converse finish off the look perfectly.

All term whilst I've been at Uni, I've massively missed my dungarees, so I couldn't wait to get back for Easter to live in them again. I'm leaving the house for the first time since I got back tomorrow (I know living the wild life!) so I will 100% be wearing & hopefully be rocking the look- let's just hope the weather is good for it.
Is it just me or does anyone else find it so annoying when you have an outfit planned and the weather doesn't match it?

How will you be wearing your dungarees this season?
Let me know in the comments below.

Take care & I'll see you all soon.

X

Images taken from Google & Pinterest.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig