FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Monday 24 April 2017

Beauty & the Beast.


Last Wednesday night I finally got the chance to see the remake of Beauty & the Beast, a film that I've been desperate to see ever since it was released a few weeks back. 

If I summed it up in 3 words: beautiful, enchanting, mesmerising...

Film reviews aren't really something I usually cover on here, because I wouldn't personally ever read a film review, as I think it's very personal what films you like you like to watch and I don't think someone telling you what's good/bad in there opinion is really very beneficial.
But when you see a film that's just WOW you really can't pass on the opportunity to tell people about it....


When I heard last year that this film was coming out, I was so excited! Disney make the best films, they're on a different level to other films. Romance films are my personal fave because it's so nice to get lost for a few hours in a perfect love story- let's face it real life love stories aren't really existent. 

The two leads are Emma Watson as Belle & Dan Stevens as the Beast, obviously I grew up watching Harry Potter so I knew Emma from that and I'm a downtown fan so I knew Dan from there. Normally I don't know both the lead actors so it made a nice change. Emma Watson is one of my favourite female actors- she just plays every role so well! Although I do find it weird not seeing her as Hermione Granger.


Since starting my degree I've noticed I pay a lot more attention to the sets than I use too, the sets in this film were absolutely stunning- it was like being transported into another world! 
Anything magical for me is always a winner.


I know some people can be a bit fussy about remakes and I get you, don't get me wrong the original animations will always hold a special place in my heart. I just think remakes with actual people instead of cartoons brings the story to life so much more & makes it seems so much more real and believable. 

You just need the best of both worlds to appreciate it.
In case any of you haven't seen the trailer (if so where have you been???) to Beauty & the Beast I've added it below. 



I won't say too much about the film because I don't want to spoil it for any of you who haven't seen it but basically it's about a farmer girl Belle, who ends up having to stay in this castle with the 'Beast', little does she know that he can break the 'Beast' curse if he finds true love before the final rose petal falls. Astonishingly I didn't actually know the story that well before I saw the film, I don't ever remember watching Beauty & Beast as a child, meaning I massively missed out! 
As a kid I was more into Cinderella & 101 Dalmatians (what a film!).

The moral of the film is that 'beauty starts from within' which I think is a message we should take in everyday life, too often we all are guilty of 'judging a book by it's cover' when really we should wait until we know someone before we decide if we like them or not. 
You'll be surprised how looks can be deceiving!


The on screen chemistry between Emma Watson & Dan Stevens was so beautiful, they really played their characters so well! I hope they work on a film together again in the future because they really compliment each others acting. 
Other stars in the film include: Luke Evans, Josh Gad, Ian McKellen, Emma Thompson & Ewan McGregor. The cast really is stunning, they sing quite a lot of the film so if you love musicals like I do then this is the perfect film for you!


Can Belle break the curse before it's too late and save the Beast? 
Well of course I'm not going to tell you if she does, you'll have to watch the film for yourselves to find out. I promise it's 100% worthwhile, I came out of the film wanting to go back in and watch it again- the last film I saw where I felt like that was Mamma Mia.

Let me know what you think of this post in the comments below.

Take care & I'll see you all very soon. 
Look out for for my continuing influencer series of posts. 

X

Images taken from Google, video from YouTube. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig