FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Thursday 2 March 2017

Little Things.


So I'm sat here writing this very late at night when I should probably sleeping or out partying when instead I chose to write this. 
(In-between painting my nails, listening to spotify & watching stranger things- whoever said you can't multi task clearly hasn't seen me on this Thursday night) 


Okay so the real reason I didn't go out is because like a true fan I'm waiting for Ed Sheeran's album to drop... I don't know if that makes me sound very sad or a massive fangirl. But when you love every single he releases as much as I do you literally can't just ignore things like this.

Quite a random, spontaneous post today, just because I just feel in a really good mood...
You know when you get a compliment that literally makes your entire day that much better & brighter, yep? So that happened today as well as that I got a free haircut & free chocolate- I mean what is there not to love about anything I just said?
It just inspired me to write...


All too often we get caught up in our own lives that we lose the value of impact we make on other people's lives, it doesn't matter if you just hold a door open for that one extra person, give money to the homeless or pay someone a compliment... it's the little things that count!
As bad as this is gonna make me sound, I am a materialistic person or at least I thought I appreciated something so much more when it came in the form of a new "thing". Whether that's a new top from Zara, tickets to a the next concert or if I'm really lucky a new gadget. 
When realistically do they make me happy? 
Short term okay yes they do... but long term they are simply replaced with yet another new thing. 


Today I realised that good things don't have to come in the form of new things (although they're still nice), instead they come in the form of little moments in time that make everything else seem so much better. People seriously undervalue the worth of saying something nice, when in actual fact saying something as tiny as, "I love your hair today" actually makes so much more of an impact long term than anything materialistically ever could. 

I too am guilty of not paying compliments as often as I should, and I really don't know why I don't because at the end of the day saying something nice about someone else isn't going to make my day any worse. 

*Pit stop whilst I apply a second coat of nail varnish* 

For lent this year I think instead of giving something up, I'm going to try and give something to someone else every single day- whether that's in the form of a compliment, helping someone out or giving a couple of pounds to those who really need it. 
Because what have you got to lose by making someone else's day that little bit happier 
(cheesy I know). 

In other news today...
I was sat in my local Starbucks earlier and I witnessed a couple having what looked like their first date- it was honestly the cutest thing I've seen in a while! Okay so you're maybe thinking why Starbucks for a first date? But that's not the point... it just really struck a cord with me. 
It's the little moments that make the big moments. 
*I'd just like to say that I don't regularly watch people on first dates before you all think I'm some sort of weirdo. It just caught my attention during my day.*


Not much else to say really... 
I know this post is a bit more chatty than normal but I just felt like having a catch up. 

If you guys haven't already set your alarms for Ed Sheeran's Divide album release than I strongly recommend you do (Update: it's officially out!!!) - I mean I'm not biased or anything.... Although sad news: I tried to get tickets to his concert but they'd all sold out. *sighs loudly*

Hope you enjoyed this post & feel free to let me know what you thought in the comments below.

Take care & have a great day/ night 
(or whatever time you're reading this)

X

Pictures aren't my own
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig