FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Sunday 8 January 2017

New York Dreaming


New York has always been my dream destination, 
Yes I was born & raised in England but I've always felt as if I'm a New Yorker at heart, or at least I like to think that at least. 
Honestly I can't believe I'm writing this but as you guys are reading this I will be heading out to NYC for 5 fabulous days. Actually can't wait!


This won't be the first time I've been to the States as you guys know I only went there last summer, but it will be my first time in the big city. 
There's so much I want to explore, see & experience. Normally I like to relax when travelling but this time I just want to see as much as I can!

There's the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Times Square, Brooklyn Bridge...
The list is endless, I actually feel like crying with happiness- I love my uni course for taking us to one of the most exciting & vibrant cities in the world.
To me it really is a dream come true!

As we've pretty much been given 4 free days to do what we want I thought I'd do a bit of research on where I'd like to go:
(On the 5th day we have a Garment District Tour which is also very exciting)

1. TIMES SQUARE 

Probably one of the most iconic places in NY, and maybe even the world. Personally I'd love to welcome in New Years there but the fact that I'm even getting the chance to go anytime is incredible!

2. MUSEUM OF MODERN ART (MODA)

I just think this will be a incredible place to look round for personal reference & as part of my uni course. I have checked and i don't think there are any exhibitions on at the moment specifically linked to my trend but I might find something going round.

3. CENTRAL PARK 

Because why not? Central Park is one of the most filmed locations in the world so it's top of my "to see" list whilst I'm there, although for the size of it will be very hard to miss.

4. MACY'S

Again it should be useful for trend research but when in New York you can't not do a little bit of shopping, although I can already hear my bank crying.

5. WALK THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE 

Again incredibly iconic, and a must see!
Every since I watched Sex & the City and some many other films featuring it, it has been my dream to walk across this bridge.

6. ROCKAFELLER CENTER 

Because I'm a typical tourist and again it's the dream- I feel like I've massively over used that phrase in this post. 

7. STATUE OF LIBERTY 

Another site I've always wanted to see, I'd love to do the Staten Islands tour which apparently shows you some of the best sites in the city all in one tour. 

8. BROADWAY.

Although I myself am incapable of acting, I love watching those who can, I don't think I'll see a broadway show this time but it will be nice to say I've been to the area.

9. EMPIRE STATE BUILDING 

It's unreal to say this apparently you can actually see the Empire State building from our hotel, I don't know if that's a common thing in NY but I never expected that. I definitely want to go it to the top.

10. GRAND CENTRAL STATION

Okay so this my Dad's request, but I do actually want to see it as well.

11. FIFTH AVENUE

Because what do you do in NY other than shop? I will be leaving plenty of space in my case to do this.

12. SIT ON THE STEPS OF METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART

My inner Gossip Girl fan girl moment needs me to do this!

13. NEW YORK PALACE HOTEL

*inner Gossip Girl fangirl moment 

14. CONEY ISLAND

Not sure if this place is even open in the winter but if it is then I want to have a look round.

15. FASHION INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY MUSEUM (FIT)

Because I'm a fashion student and I love looking at clothes. This museum looks beautiful!

That isn't all the places I want to visit whilst I'm there, if I listed them all then we'd probably be here all year. I'm also hoping to explore and discover places that I wasn't searching for. 
Of course I will be taking lots and lots of photos & sharing them with you all on here when I'm back.  

I just can't wait to experience New York!
If you've ever been to NYC or maybe you even live there (lucky) and have any recommendations on places I should visit then I'd love to hear about them in the comments below.

In the words of a true New Yorker...
'See y'll soon.'
X

Pictures are not my own.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig