FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Saturday 24 December 2016

Blogmas Day 24: Making It


After today Blogmas is officially over for yet another year...
Honestly I can't believe I've just wrote that!

Doing blogmas for me has been a bit of a rollercoaster ride.
It started out okay but as the days went on I just seemed to get further and further behind with my schedule. Luckily I've managed to catch up now though which is the main thing.
I feel like blogmas has taught me so much not only as a blogger but as a person too- it's been so fun to document highlights of the past 24 days. But at the same time it's also slightly worrying at how fast the time has gone.


For future reference I would love to do blogmas again, I'm not sure if I will because it is very hard to keep to the schedule although if I did it again then I would try to be a lot more organised next time.    (I say try)
Before doing blogmas I always thought it would be so easy, credit to all those bloggers who actually stick to the schedule for the duration of December. I can't even begin to process how YouTubers do daily vlogging, like how do they find the time to film, edit and upload all in one day- they are actual goals!

Speaking of goals...

Whilst doing blogmas my stats have gone to crazy heights that I never even thought would be achievable and that is all down to you guys reading this.
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!
I'll let you all into a little secret, reaching 10K was my goal for the end of the year so to have reached it before Christmas is honestly the best Christmas present ever. Like I don't want to brag & I know that to some people 10K is such a small number but to me just wow! I can't say more then that really!
I remember when I first started this blog & for some strange reason reaching 17 views on my blog was a really poignant moment for me, so to now just over a year later to be on 10k is such a amazing achievement. I know it's not quite the end of 2016 yet but it is the best way to end what's been a great year for my blog. 

I don't expect that number to rise a lot in 2017, but I am honestly just so happy to be where I am.
Blogging for me isn't about the stats, I know all bloggers say that but I do generally mean it. I never would have thought I'd stick to blogging because like so many other hobbies I thought I'd just get bored of it. But when I'm blogging it's like nothing else matters, it's just little old me & my laptop, I can forget about all the worries and the dramas for a while and just be me. It so sad to write this but I feel like I'm more myself on my blog then I am anywhere else. I so badly want to be my blogging self all the time but I'm just not, it actually terrifies me meeting people who read my blog because I always feel like such as disappoint in reality. 
It's silly really, why do I spend so much time worrying that I'm not like I am online? online me is confident & kinda cool, whereas reality me is the polar opposite.
2017 is the year I want to gain more confidence, that is the goal I seem to make every year and although I wouldn't say I ever get to the main goal, I'm forever moving one step closer. I'm so much more confident than I was this time last year and that's because I've taken baby steps. 
I guess what I'm trying to tell you guys is that don't get too disheartened if you don't reach your main goal as quickly as you'd hope, why rush? Sometimes it's the journey getting there that changes you rather than the goal itself.


Well that got very deep...

I hope you've all enjoyed reading my blogmas, thank you again for all taking the time out of your day to read my blog- sometimes I think I don't know why people do read my little blog when there are so many other great blogs out there. But I should be more positive about myself. 
Now if you don't mind I will just give myself a pat on the back for officially completing blogmas 2016! Before treating myself to issue 11 of the Blogosphere magazine & a Pointless blog hoodie- I try to reason my lavish spending habit with blogmas anyway.


I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas filled to the brim with all the love & joy in the world.
My fashion posts will still be a scheduled thing Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays through-out the holidays, but I probably won't do another chatty post until the New Year. 
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year guys!!!!

X

Image taken from google
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig