FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Friday 23 December 2016

Blogmas Day 23: Pantomime Goodness


Last night I was lucky enough to attend the Hippodrome in Birmingham to see the pantomime, Dick Whittington. 
It's a pantomime that I have seen before but it was a nice little family tradition to attend the theatre. Going to the theatre is one of my favourite things of all time, for me it is just lovely to sit and watch the acting happen actually in front of you rather than on the TV screen. I've always said if I could gain one skill in life then it would be to have the ability to act & do drama.


Honestly I don't think I've ever laugh that much in one night, they had me laughing to the point of tears from start to finish. The Birmingham Hippodrome always put on a great show that could easily be mistaken for something in the West End. 
This year had a fab cast full of extremely talented comedians & actors such as John Barrowman (Well he knows David Tennant which is all you need to know), Steve McFadden (Phil Mitchell as we all know him), The Krankies (Very funny but a little before my time), Matt Slack (One word: hilarious) and Jodie Prenger (A gem).

 

I won't tell you too much about the actual show just incase you're off to see it for yourselves (if you're not going then it's definitely worth seeing if you can still get tickets), I loved this cast so much. Phil oh sorry I mean Steve McFadden played the baddy very well, and it was nice to see him in a role where he wasn't required to be a drunken, alcoholic. John Barrowman was great, I've seen him before at the Hippodrome & he always puts on a good show. He said the last time he was there he was in Robin Hood 8 years ago, I remember seeing that although it's kind frightening that it's already been 8 years since that happened. He needs to practice his brummy accent more though. The Krankies are people I'd never heard of before but my parents knew them, they were a very comical duo. Matt Slack, well he's one of the funniest comedians around! I get his sense of humour completely- he only has to say one word and he'll make you laugh. And Jodie well I love her as an actress, she didn't have a massive role in this but she was as great as always.


If you're around the Birmingham area in the next few weeks then I'd recommend you check this panto out because you will not regret it. 
Besides what's better than going to the panto around Christmas time?

Hope you all enjoyed this post, I'll be back tomorrow with my final blogmas post.
Can you actually believe it's Christmas Eve tomorrow?

Take care & I'll see you all very soon!

X

Pictures are combination of my own & google images.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig