FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Monday 14 November 2016

Burberry: Best Christmas Advert of 2016?


It's that time of the of year again, shops have fully decked out their stores with christmas decorations, relatives have started asking you what you want & the long awaited christmas adverts have finally been released. 
For me this time of the year is one of my favourite- what can I say other than I just love christmas?!?

Christmas adverts for me are some of the best- they just always make me feel warm & happy inside. Yet this year I couldn't help but feel slightly underwhelmed by the John Lewis advert... I mean it's cute but compared to other years I just don't feel it meets the same standard. 
After all Christmas isn't Christmas without the classic John Lewis advert!



Burberry has always been a brand that I've loved, but surprisingly I've never really followed their adverts unless I just happen to catch it randomly on TV. So when my lecturer played their Christmas advert for 2016 in my seminar today I was a little unsure of what it would be like...

I think you all really need to watch it:

Watched it?

Okay we'll carry on... Honestly if I were to rate this advert out of 10, I would give it 15.
I don't think I've ever so intensely watched an advert, this wasn't just any advert it was more like a film trailer. The narrative was great, the cast, the music- just the whole production was absolutely stunning!
Without a second of doubt if this was a movie in the cinema, I would be straight there to watch it and I never go cinema so that really is saying something!

It sounds utterly stupid but I just felt mesmerised throughout the whole thing. 
I just couldn't stop watching... unlike other adverts this one found the perfect balance of educational & entertainment factors. I didn't know that Burberry designed the trench coats for the war or that they supplied the protective clothing for an expedition to Antarctica. It's crazy to think that I learnt that in a 3 minute advert & I still enjoyed it!
Often adverts can be made too educational so they're just not eye-catching enough to watch or they go the other way and they don't tell you anything about what they are trying to promote.
I understand that it must be hard to find the right balance between the two because what might entertain & inform one person may not be the same for another. 

All I know is that I will definitely be keeping an eye out for future Burberry adverts because they're in  different league to the rest.
My only Christmas wish this year is could Burberry make this advert into an actual film?!?

Let me know what you think of this Christmas advert in the comments below. 
What other Christmas adverts have you been loving?

Take Care & I'll be back on Wednesday with another post.

X

Images taken from Google. Video taken from YouTube.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig