FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Saturday 25 June 2016

Just a Few Blogging Truths.


Before I started blogging I had no idea what to expect obviously I'd heard of the big bloggers such as Zoe Sugg a.k.a Zoella & Tanya Burr but I didn't know what to expect starting out for the first time.



As I been blogging for just over 8 months now I thought I'd share some of the 'wisdom' I've learnt & gained along the way....

1. Don't be disheartened by your first initial page views-
I remember when I first started and I was stuck on 17 views for about a week, at the time I felt like 'what was the point?'. If you've just started and are thinking that then you've definitely not alone, remember good things take time.



2. Social media sites such as Twitter & Instagram will become one of your best friends-
Okay so maybe not literally but without these I know that my blog wouldn't have as nearly as many views as it does. I would also say it's well worth checking out other people's blogs too so you can learn from them- I'm not saying copy someone else's blog but see what works for them and then find your own niche.

3. Tell your parents about your blog- 
I didn't tell mine to begin with and I can hand on heart say it's something I massively regret. I'm not saying you have to show your parents every post but just keep them in the picture, when I told my parents they were really supportive and amazed by the number of views it had. If you really loving blogging then your parents should hopefully accept it.

4. If you don't love it, don't do it-
As cliche and cheesy as this is going to sound 'I really love blogging', I don't what it is about it but it just helps me to let out any anxiety I have. But if your heart's not in it then go away for a while and come back to it. Blogging takes up a lot of time so don't spend time doing it if you don't really enjoy it.



5. Not all people are going to be accepting of it-
I have friends that can't understand why I would want to spend an hour or so writing a post when I could be doing something else and fair enough they're entitled to their own opinion. I don't expect my friends to read my blog but I don't think true friends should judge you for what you choose to do in your spare time.



6. Get involved- 
Building up a following for your blog is a long and slow process so you might as well enjoy the blogging experience. The first few times I started talking to other bloggers I was a bit nervous because I felt I wasn't good enough. But all bloggers are in the same situation, so yes some blogs are rather large compared to others but we all started blogging for the same reason because we enjoy it! I haven't actually met any bloggers in person but I will be soon at the Blogger Tiki Party in July
(I'm crazy excited for this btw).


Illustration credit the amazing talented @elliemdesign & @nothingbutsnack

7. You'll become a master in the art of flatlays- 
Every blogger knows and understands this talent, lighting and background are so important they can really change how your blog looks overall. Don't stress if you haven't mastered the art yet it will come with time.



8. Have fun & enjoy the journey-
Blogging should be enjoyed otherwise what's the point? Have fun and blog about things you would want to read- I like to think of my blog as almost like a diary of everything I've done and enjoyed. If I could only give one piece of advice about blogging then it would be to not stress too much about how popular it is.


I hope you enjoyed this post- 
Let me know if you agree with any of the points above in the comments below, I'd love to here also what you've learnt from blogging too. If you have a blog and are reading this then leave your blog link below as well because I always love finding new blogs to read.

Take care & I'll see you all very soon.

X

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig