FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Saturday 16 January 2016

Fashion Attempt 1: Boyfriend Jeans


 
The likes of Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner have been rocking the 'Boyfriend Jeans' look recently so I thought I would attempt the look myself.
 
Relaxed, stylish yet comfortable- What not to love?
 
If I'm completely honest the 'Boyfriend Jeans' look scared me...
I've had these particular jeans in the back of my closet for at least 2 years now and I hadn't worn them once until this week.
 
Don't get me wrong I love experimenting with my fashion and the clothes I wear, but is it just me or do certain things look great on models or your friends but on you they look awful.
Please tell me it's not just me who finds this!
 
So let's see how I got on:
 
 (So for the Scooby Doo toy in the background- I was slightly obsessed with the show when I was younger and now I can't bring myself to throw the life-size toy away)
 
As you can see I teamed my 'Boyfriend Jeans' with a fitted black stripy top, maroon boots, a duster coat and a good old tartan scarf.
 
I don't know if this is a rule when it comes to the 'Boyfriend Jeans' look but I wanted to team them with a fitted top because I didn't want to make the jeans to make me look too wide.
A fitted top helped keep the balance right.
 
I also turned up the ends of the jeans to allow a little bit of skin to be seen before the top of the boot as this is a styling tip to make the appearance of your legs look longer,
Particularly good if your a bit on the short side like me.
 
My duster coat is a firm favourite of mine, I'm guaranteed for on point style every time!
I just feel it really makes the whole look classic and stylish.
And a tartan scarf is never a fashion fail in my eyes.
 
 
So this is my 'Fashion Look' of the week,
Let me know what your thoughts on this look in the comments below.
I'd love to hear if you've tried a new fashion trend this week!
 
 
Hope you enjoyed this post and I'll be back tomorrow with another post for you all to enjoy.
 
Take Care
X
 
 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig