FASHION. BEAUTY. LIFESTYLE. an indecisive girl's life

Sunday 31 January 2016

Fairytales or Reality?

 
 
As most of you know Valentine's Day is coming up soon so I thought I'd attempt to do a post about love and all the things cute that come with it.



I would firstly like to say that although I've experienced lots of different kinds of love in my lifetime; family love, friendship love, puppy love,
I have never experienced the romantic kind.
I maybe alone in say this, as by the age of 18 most people have experienced their 'first love'...
I do feel a bit embarrassed saying that I have never dated anyone but I am still young and I'd like to think I just haven't met the right person yet.
 
But I'm okay with being single.
There's often a lot of pressure to be in a happy, healthy relationship in today's society.
But life just isn't that straightforward- if you are dating then great but if your single then that's great also.
As a 'Sex and the City' fan there's a quote from the first film that really sticks with me, it's from the scene where Samantha is breaking up with her boyfriend, she says "I love you but I love myself more, we've been in a relationship for only 5 years, I've been in a relationship with myself for 49 and that's the one that I need to work on"
Its true we need to work on loving and accepting ourselves first before we can let ourselves love another.
 
 
Life is about having fun and laughing, if you spend too much time worrying about things that haven't got or experienced yet then you'll miss all the good times that are standing right in front of you.
 
Although I've never experienced the romantic love myself, I love watching films about love-
Rom-com's are actually my favourite kind!
'Love Actually anyone?'
 Don't even get me started on Disney films- Cinderella gets me every time!
 
 
I may be naïve in saying this but I do believe in fairy-tales...
Ok maybe not to the extent that Disney portrays them.
(Wouldn't it be great if it happened like the movies?!?)
  But I do think that everyone has that special someone in the world- some are lucky enough to find them early whilst others take a little longer to find.
 
Reality can be harsh and cruel but with a little bit of Disney love and magic it can make the impossible become possible.
 
So whilst I've never had a boyfriend, I won't be giving up on my fairy-tale just yet.
 
My Valentine's day this year will involve, the movie 'Valentine's Day' (It's been a tradition for the last 3 years), lots of chocolate & yummy food and maybe even a drop of alcohol.
As Elsa said from the movie 'Frozen', "I may be alone but at least I'll be alone and free".
 

 
So whatever you doing on Valentine's day (even though it's a while away yet), I hope you all have a happy, loving one whether your dating or not!
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this post, I'd love to hear what you thought in the comments below.
 
I'll be back next weekend with more posts.
Take care and I'll see you soon
 
X
 
 
 
 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. A lot of people of age 18 that I know never dated someone, so it's a normal thing, to find your love isn't sob easy.
    I never had serious relationships too!;)


    http://anna-alina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its good to know I'm not the only one 😂 Thank you for your comment- I hope you liked the post 💕

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig